QBDBMgrN not running on this computer: Fixed easily!
Troubleshoot QBDBMgrN not running on your computer. Get solutions to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager issues.
The users encounter the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error when the database server manager has stopped working. This error also indicates that the firewall is hindering and interfering with your QuickBooks to establish a connection with the internet. This further restricts you from opening or accessing your QuickBooks. When the database server manager stops working on your pc, it interrupts access to the multi-user mode. As this error pops up in the database server manager, you can only use single-user mode. Some users can panic after seeing this error on the screen. But do not worry now. This blog will be your help guide to help easily rectify this error. Today's blog will throw some light on the causes of the error and its solutions as well. Continue reading the blog to understand more about the error and its fixes to rectify it easily.
Call us on 1.855.738.2784 now and speak to our experts for any immediate technical assistance. Our team of QuickBooks professionals can assist you in rectifying the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error.
What are the reasons behind the QBDBMgrN not running error?
This error can pop up when the users update QuickBooks but do not update the Windows firewall along with their QuickBooks. At the same time, some reasons are responsible for this error. You can have a glance at them as they are listed below.
- If any third-party firewall software blocks your access to QuickBooks, you can encounter this error.
- Check if the error is not caused due to improper configuration of the internet or firewall.
- An error with your network file can also trigger this error on your desktop.
- Damaged or corrupted QB database server manager installation can also result in QBDBMgrN not running error.
- Ensure you are not using an outdated database server manager, as this could also be one of the reasons for the error to show up.
What is the effect of the 'QBDBMgrN keeps stopping' error?
Following are the effects of the 'QBDBMgrN keeps stopping' error.
- The users will face issues with the network file.
- The QuickBooks database server manager update will fail.
- You will face problems working in multi-user mode.
- There will be a problem connecting to the internet.
- The firewall will block QB from accessing the internet.
- You will not be able to install the firewall properly.
- Users will face problems using the QBW company file.
Some basic troubleshooting steps to rectify this error
- Firstly log out of your QuickBooks account.
- Reboot your system at this step.
- Start QuickBooks and attempt to log into the account.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Event id 4
Simple fixes to rectify the QuickBooks database manager not running error
We have listed multiple solutions for the users, so it will be easier for them to eliminate the QuickBooks database manager not running error. We will explain each solution step by step to make it easier for the users to implement it.
Solution 1: Repair your QuickBooks desktop
- Quit all the programs blocking QuickBooks software.
- Reboot your system now.
- Back up your company file.
- Once you head to the control panel, head to the start option.
- Access the search bar once you move to the start menu.
- Type in the control panel in the search bar now.
- Click on the program and features option after opening the control panel.
- Tap on uninstall a program. If you cannot locate this option, head to programs and then program features.
- Now click on the program list, tap on uninstall, and move ahead with the next options.
- Go to the repair option, tap on it, and click next.
- Wait for the repair process to end.
- Once hit on the finish tab and reboot your system.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks at last.
Solution 2: Attempt to run the QuickBooks clean install tool
Step 1: Uninstall your QuickBooks software
- Tap the Windows + R keys.
- Write in the control panel and tap on the ok button.
- In this step, click on programs and features and then choose uninstall option.
- Choose QuickBooks and then tap on uninstall out of the list of programs.
- Keep following the instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
Step 2: Try to run QuickBooks clean install tool
- Download the recent version of the QB clean install tool.
- Access the qbdbmgrn.exe file and move with the on-screen commands.
- Now select the QB desktop version and then tap on continue.
Step 3: Alter the name of the QuickBooks desktop installation folder
- Go to the folders option to see the hidden files on your system.
- Now alter the name of all the folders listed for your Windows version.
- Add the term old at the end of the folder name to make the names different.
- If you see an error pop up saying 'access denied,' follow the steps below.
- Choose the Windows taskbar and opt for task manager.
- In the processes tab, choose the image name column to arrange them alphabetically in order with their names.
- Now pick QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, and then tap on the end tab.
- Moving ahead, choose yes as the warning message pops up.
- Now your need to reinstall your QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 3: Try to update your firewall
- Hold down the windows + R keys.
- Write the control panel and hit on the ok button.
- Choose the system and security option now.
- Head to Windows firewall and then pick check for updates.
- Check the system for any updates, and then hit on update now.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Check if the 'QBDBMgrN not running on this computer' error persists and reboot your system.
Solution 4: Restart QB database server manager service
- Tap on the Windows + R keys.
- Write services.msc and click on the ok option.
- Look for the QB database server manager service listed in the list.
- Choose the file for QB desktop.
- Right-click on the file to access the drop-down.
- Pick the reboot option now.
- Re-access your QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Exclude the database server manager from firewall settings
- Open the run box on your system.
- Write Windows firewall and hit on the ok tab.
- Double-click from the list of programs.
- Pick advanced settings and right-click on inbound rules.
- Now select the new rule from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the next option in the programs and then choose this program path.
- Exclude QBDBMgrN.exe file.
- You can look for this file in the QB folder and then select the location of the file.
- Hit on the next option now.
- Choose the Allow the Connection option and tap on Continue.
- Continue with the next options and hit on finish.
- Reboot your system and try to work with the QBW company file.
Solution 6: Reboot your system
- Log out of your QuickBooks account.
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Shut your QuickBooks account.
- Restart the system.
- Open QuickBooks and then attempt to log into the account.
Solution 7: QBDBMgrN installed on the host system
- Tap on the Windows start tab.
- Head to the control panel and tap on admin tools.
- Double tap on the services option.
- Click on the correct database server manager.
- Restart your system and continue with the steps ahead.
How to manually fix the QuickBooks database server manager is not available error?
Follow these steps below if you are still stuck with the QuickBooks database server manager is not available error and try to fix it manually.
- Download the QuickBooks file doctor and begin its installation on your system.
- Let it diagnose the network to rectify this error.
- If the hosting mode has been turned off, you must turn it off, as QB cannot open the company file.
- Try to set up access permissions in Windows.
- Give permissions in Windows to share the folder.
- Now run ipconfig when there is no network connectivity.
You are making a mistake if you are using an outdated version of your QuickBooks desktop. It can trigger many bugs in your system. Check for the latest QB updates and download them from the authorized website to ensure you work with QuickBooks without any hindrances. Also, check your network connectivity, as that could be the root cause for this database manager server to pop up.
Another thing the users should keep in mind is if they have relevant permissions to access the QuickBooks Company file. Check your user permissions and admin rights to make sure everything is accessible.
Summing the blog!
With the help of this detailed blog guide, we expect it will be easier for you to rectify the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error. If you are still stuck with this error on your desktop, even after implementing the steps above, feel free to contact us on 1.855.738.2784 now. Speak to our experts and get their help in quickly fixing this error. Our certified team of QuickBooks professionals has a nag of dealing with these technical bugs. Their professional assistance will help you fix this error. If you have any queries, you can address them directly to our experts to resolve them quickly.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
What's Your Reaction?